• The width trench must be dug by adding 40cm to the pipe diameter.
• The depth for protection against frost must be dug between 1 and 1,,,5 m by taking into consideration the regional factors, climate conditions and ground properties.
• A bedding must be prepared with material free of stones 1approx. /15 cm at the base of the trench before laying the pipes. Pipes and fittings must be placed on the bed to sit firmly.
• The seal housing of the pipes and fittings must be thoroughly cleaned before installation.
• Ensuring that the seal is seated correctly, apply a piece of soapy water (no petroleum based lubricants should be used) as a lubricant on the chamfered end and insert it into the socket with a slight turn taking care not to displace the seal. Insertion distance increases in proportion to the diameter depending on the socket depth, therefore, the insertion distance of the pipe must be marked on the pipe.
• Care must be taken to keep the inside of the pipes clean during installation. All open ends must be covered during work breaks.
• After the installation of pipes and fittings, the trench is refilled with material free of stones (approx..30 cm) over the pipes, leaving the fitting parts uncovered. After pressure test, these parts are covered in the same way.
• During the refilling process where the temperature is or below 0 C, unfrozen filling material must be used.
• The pipes must not be stretched, extremely bent or forced during the laying process.
• They may be used with protective ducting in street crossings to stand against wear and cutting forces. The protective ducts must be chosen to allow easy passage of PVC pipe slip sockets.
*In muddy or swampy grounds, skids or stones must be used or pebble filling must be made against the risk of collapsing. Taking into consideration of any ground movements, adhesives must be used against the possibility of the dislocation of the pipe end from the slip socket. Clean both surfaces to contact before applying the adhesive (solvent cement), then, depending on the amount of space between the pipe and socket,apply one or two layers of adhesive with a brush on the section behind the seal housing.Then,apply a little bit adhesive on the plastic seal and within one minute push the pipe end into the socket all the way without using lubricant.Pressure test must not be made before 24 hours have passed after the adhesive application.As the high humidty and wind will adverselv affect the adhesion process,aportablet tent or cover must be used. The adhesive is inflammamble and must not be exposed to open flames.
*Before stacking the pipes,timber battensmust be placed on the floor/ground with 1 m intervals with adequate height to prevent sockets resting on the floor.The stacking height must not be over 1,5 mm and they must be stacked in a way that no force is applied on the sockets.
*If the pipes and fittings are intended to be stored in open air for prolonged periods then they must be covered with tarpaulin or similar covers to protect from sunlight.